Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Problem with the Galaxy S4 on all updates 4.2.2/4.4.2

Hello everyone, I have been having a bit of a problem with my Sasmsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) since the first update came out and I would like to know if anyone else has been having this problem. My friends tried the same issue on their phones and they are having the same problem. 

The issue I've been having is related to the voice command for the stock music player: 
- "Play", it seems like all the other commands are working perfectly except for "Play", I can skip a song by saying "previous", "next", I can also change volume by saying "volume up" or "volume down" and pause the song by saying "pause" but it seems that the Play function is not working.... only in very special conditions and if i try tens of times to repeat the command (imagine saying play 10 times (if you're lucky) on the subway for example). I have tried this commands also in complete silence and I have the same problem. Recently I have tested this on a Samsung Note II and it also has this problem.
This problem has also been brought to the attention of Samsung employees at the Service Center and they first admitted to not being able to repair the device because they also encountered it on other Galaxy S4 devices, but when I asked for a refund they said that the phone was fully functional and 3 out of 5 play commands were working perfectly.

Another issue I have been having is that the Flipboard app that the phone was marketed with for using "air view" (just hovering with the finger over the display without touching it) features is not working anymore. When I hover over a news feed and the most recent 3 news entries show, if I tap on any of those news entries it should take me to that exact story (the exact story that i tapped on) well it's not doing that, it takes me to what's showing in the background.

I feel like my trust in this company has been ruined and I can't trust another Samsung product tho I've been having some issues with all of them, it's not my first issue or the last... .it's understandable to have some issues with all of the products... no one is perfect but from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 (i9505XXUFNB9) there have been numerous updates that have not fixed this problem and further more the Samsung engineers from the service are denying that the issue exists.

What I would like to ask everyone is to test out this features and comment on this post ... maybe we can change something regarding this issue, or maybe I'm crazy, anything is possible and I am not afraid to admit it.... but I highly doubt that this is a problem only with a few number of terminals in my region.

Everyone has a friend that has an S4 if they don't have one them self.

Thanks to everyone in advance and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment